Sunday, February 2, 2014

Wine Bottle

2 Creative Chicks is trying to add new things to their challenges.  This month it is repurposed  glass.  I knew  right away I had the perfect thing.  A while ago I was at a craft show and saw some really  neat wine bottles turned into candle holders.  First you must master the art of cutting the  bottom of the  bottle off.  It took some time to get it right without cracking the bottle but after  doing  a few  I learned the secret to doing it.  The  u  slide a typical egg whisk into the  bottle with the handle sticking thru the neck of the bottle. this will   hold your candle.  It is ok to use either a battery  powered candle or a real tealight.  Then You can  paint an image or Use your  Silhouette to cut out an image for the outside of your bottle.  I made several of these  and gave them as  gifts.  It was  not my original idea but one I saw and  thought was great! 

2 comments: